The Maldives - Maalifushi by COMO
Maalifushi by COMO is the first luxury resort in the Maldives to open in the pristine Thaa Atoll in the archipelago’s southwest. With overwater villas and garden suites, Maalifushi is therefore the ultimate away-from-it-all destination for families, couples, surfers and divers. There are some excellent breaks nearby as well as a string of uninhabited private islands, where there are seasonal whale shark sightings.
Water Villa with private pool
These stunning Maldives water villas are designed by Japanese architect Koichiro Ikebuchi and are located on their own jetty to the west of the island.
Each villa has its own pool, sundeck and full-length windows overlooking the Indian Ocean. The large and airy sitting area can double up as a sleeping area for kids.
Size: 120m² / 1292 sq.ft.
- Private pool and sundeck with loungers and dining table
- Bathtub and separate shower stall
- Air conditioning and antique colonial ceiling fan
- Mini bar and snacks
- Coffee/tea making facilities (Nespresso machine)
- 46” LED/plasma satellite TV
- DVD player
- International direct dial telephone
- WiFi Internet access iPod docks
• Swimming pool
• Use of non-motorised water sports equipment
• Use of snorkelling equipment
(charges may apply)
• Dive & water-sports centre
• Sunset & dolphin cruise
• Beach picnics on deserted island
• COMO Shambhala Retreat Spa
• Sauna & Jacuzzi
• Yoga pavilion
(charges may apply)
• Complimentary WIFI internet access in all public areas
• Airport transfers
• Butler service
• Laundry service
(please call for details)
• Spa packages
• Dive packages
• Family packages
Maalifushi is located in the Thaa Atoll, a scenic 60-minute seaplane flight from the capital Malé. Guests may find the flight is combined with one other island which adds just 20 minutes however this can also reduce waiting time at Male airport.
Male International Airport - one hour flight
COMO Shambhala Retreat
COMO Shambhala Retreat at Maalifushi doesn’t amount to just another spa resort in the Maldives. It is the embodiment of a philosophy for healthy living that COMO Shambhala has successfully refined at its award-winning Retreats all over the world.
There are eight overwater, ocean-facing treatment rooms, steam rooms, and an open air yoga pavillion—all enveloped by blue horizons and gentle sea breezes.
In addition we have:
Steam, Sauna & Jacuzzi (Separate Male/Female)